Welcome back to the Career Changers blog! Over the past few weeks, we’ve discussed common misconceptions about starting a career in Information Technology, five tips to help you succeed in your new IT career and the most in-demand IT certifications since the COVID-19 outbreak. Hopefully, this information helps you better understand the field and where you will thrive.
Now, the only thing left to do is START! If your starting point is Training Concepts, take a look at our TC Career Growth Process™ to learn the path you’ll follow to reach your goals and become a Partner for Life.
- Get in Touch – In our initial conversation, you’ll tell us a little about yourself and learn about Training Concepts. We will ask you a few questions to pre-qualify you. These questions will tell us how we can best help you. We’ll ask about your previous employment, education history, military status and budget. To begin the conversation, call our office at 803-772-6441, email our admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our contact page!
Blueprint to Success
- Consult with Admissions – After our initial conversation, we’ll schedule a consultation with you. During your consultation, you will share your specific career goals and needs. We’ll start a deeper conversation of what path you will follow to achieve these goals. Depending on your desired path, you’ll learn which courses you need to take and see a timeline of how long it will take you to finish them. You’ll also learn about tools we have in place to help you succeed along the way. Throughout your consultation, we’ll answer any questions you have about Training Concepts.
- Find your Funding – While in your consultation, we’ll help you figure out the best way to fund your education. We accept various types of funding including self-pay and student loan options. Many of our students utilize a VA benefit program such as the Post 9/11 GI Bill or Veteran Readiness & Employment (VR&E). We also partner with SC Works to accept scholarships awarded by their WIOA program. Additionally, we accept the US Army’s Credentialing Assistance Program.
Learning & Achieving
- Attend Classes – We supply live, instructor-led training that is offered on various dates during the day and night. Amid the pandemic, all of our courses are virtual. Since Training Concepts is an early-enrollment school, you can begin your classes as soon as our registration process is complete. There are no required prerequisite courses. You only take the courses you need.
- Earn your Certifications – Once you’ve completed your courses, you’ll be able to utilize our exam preparation materials. These include access to practice tests from our lab. After you’ve prepared, you will reach out to our testing proctor to schedule your certification test. Your program most likely includes one testing voucher per course. You have the option to purchase additional vouchers as needed. At this time, we are allowing students to test in our in-house testing center by appointment-only. We also have the option for you to test virtually if needed.
- Begin your Job Search – Now, it’s time to update and submit your newly improved resume that includes the courses you’ve completed and the certifications you’ve earned. We host various events throughout the year like our Training Concepts Career Week. Prominent companies in the IT field are invited to speak and host interviews with our current and former students. These events have proven to be a great way to meet potential employers and connect with others in the field. We also host networking webinars, groups and Lunch & Learns.
Partner for Life
- Learn about PTH – Our Prefer to Hire (PTH) program helps our students get jobs by providing hiring benefits to employers. We will endorse you as a candidate to employers we connect you with or to employers you select. Our PTH program is the perfect supplement for those wanting to break into the IT field.
- Stay in Touch – Once you have begun your IT job, we’ll help you continue to expand your skillsets, improve your marketability and re-certify when needed. We want to maintain our partnership to help you grow as a professional through the lifetime of your career. Whether you find yourself needing additional personal training or corporate training for your company, we can provide the training and support.
**Student Tip: Ask us how encouraging your friends to accelerate their careers can benefit both of you with our Referral Program.